One-time Volunteer Activities
One-time Volunteer Activities for groups or individuals
- Be a Guest Chef on the weekend at Nathalie Salmon House or Pat Crowley House - provide and prepare a meal and activity for 8 to 12 seniors who live in our Good Life Senior Residences.
- For large groups, sorting food donations at the Greater Chicago Chicago Food Depository and then H.O.M.E. gets food credits for your time. We use the credits to purchase food from the Depository and that reduces our food costs.
- Organize a group to take part in our Seasonal Volunteer Program like cleaning at one of the houses, installing window air conditioners in the spring and removing and storing them in the fall
- Help out with gardening, cleaning or painting at our intergenerational homes
- Put on a festive party for our seniors - a holiday party, barbecue, or luau are fun ideas
- Lead group activities like bingo or a movie night for seniors
- Organize a fund raising event for H.O.M.E. - rummage sale, bake sale, online campaign, workplace campaign, etc.
- Friendly visiting with seniors in our residences. This means visiting a senior on a regular basis, perhaps doing some special shopping for them, overall just being their friend.
- Volunteer at the registration table, silent auction, or with set up at our annual benefit each Spring