Annual Hunger Walk
The 2015 5K Walk to raise funds to provide food for seniors at Good Life Senior Residences was a success!
If you would like to get involved in 2016, please sign up to receive updates by clicking the button below.
Information for 2015 Hunger Walk:
WALK WITH H.O.M.E.
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is hosting its 30th annual Hunger Walk to raise funds and awareness for the fight to end hunger in Cook County. H.O.M.E. has a special partnership with the GCFD that helps us to feed seniors who live at Nathalie Salmon and Pat Crowley Houses.
If you sign up for the Hunger Walk and walk with H.O.M.E., the GCFD will credit our account $12 because of your participation alone!
There are two steps to the registration process, please be sure to complete both parts:
1. Click here to get started
2. Click fundraise
3. Click Join a Fundraising Team
4. Enter: HOME, and be sure the team captain is Mike Laz
5. Click: Join
6. Select a fundraising goal for yourself and click next step
7. Click create login information (this will be useful for updates, emails, and fundraising efforts)
8. Be sure to include “HOME” in the agency section & click next step
9. Click complete registration! Use this account as a landing page for your donors to pledge for the walk. They can donate to support you there directly!
10. After you have completed registration, you will see a link at the top of the screen that says, "If you are walking on Saturday, June 20 be sure to also register here." This will bring you to the Eventbrite site (step 2 of registration).
1. Click here to be taken to Eventbrite
2. Click register
3. Be sure to click “yes” for walking on behalf of a member agency
4. Select “H.O.M.E.” in the drop-down menu by scrolling to “A00841: H.O.M.E.-PCH"
5. Once you have completed this step and step 1, you are ready to walk and begin fundraising for the Hunger Walk
6. If you choose not to sign up on Eventbrite, please fill out this form and bring it with you on Saturday, June 20
Our goal is to raise $3,500 and have 70 walkers attend the Hunger Walk this year! See our progress on our team page.
3. Fundraise! Ask friends to give on your behalf at our TEAM PAGE or through the GCFD fundraising page you created. You can also collect cash/checks. Be sure that every check has “Hunger Walk 2015” written in the memo line.
Sponsor a walker on our TEAM PAGE
Questions? Contact Mike Laz at MikeL@HOMEseniors.org or (773) 921-3200.