Good Life Senior Residences
We provide a place where older adults can retain independence, interact with people of all ages, and contribute to the community. Our model has been endorsed by Affordable Living for the Aging (ALA) in its report, AFFORDABLE LIVING FOR THE AGING STRATEGIES FOR SCALING SHARED HOUSING: Best Practices, Challenges & Recommendations. We were also featured in an issue of the digital magazine OZY (a partner of The New York Times, NPR, and others). See the article here.
Residents benefit from having privacy when they want it, but receive assistance when they need it. Meals, housekeeping, transportation, and additional assistance upon request are included in monthly fee. We provide an intergenerational, family-like setting, where seniors, college-age people (Resident Assistants) and families with children live together. Assistance provided does not include on-site nursing care or direct medical care.
Good Life Senior Residences is an affordable senior living community that provides enhanced services and an intergenerational living experience. Unlike traditional affordable housing, Good Life Senior Residences offers two home cooked meals every day, outings, exercise and social activities, limited transportation services, and on-site health check-ups and tutorials through our community partners. It’s a wonderful option for independent seniors who relish a family-like living environment.
We are half of the price of assisted living, but offer similar daily living services.
Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly (H.O.M.E.) offers Good Life Senior Residences at Pat Crowley House, 1537 West Rosemont Avenue and at Nathalie Salmon House 7320 North Sheridan Road.
Our Good Life Senior Residences services and amenities include:
- A private bedroom.
- While some residents provide their own furniture, H.O.M.E. can provide furniture if required.
- Private or shared bathrooms with easy-access showers and grab bars
- Two home-cooked meals served family style daily and a variety of healthy, tasty self-service breakfast options
- On-site staff available for emergencies and needed assistance 24/7
- Assistance with housekeeping, laundry, and personal support
- Engaging programs and social activities
- An intergenerational setting—seniors, college age young people and families with children live in the same building
- Beautiful garden for relaxing
- All utilities - Heat, electric and air-conditioning – included in rent
- Fitness room
- 100 percent smoke free
- Extra storage for minimal fee
- Close to public transportation, shopping, dining and places of worship
- Disability access
- Library of books and movies
If your yearly income is below $26,600 we have immediate vacancies.
The Nathalie Salmon House opened in May 1994 and provides comfortable intergenerational living on… Continue
Pat Crowley House is a three-story, handicap-accessible, converted six-flat building located in… Continue