Funding provided by the Chicago Department of Planning & Development

Seniors are eligible for H.O.M.E.’s services through the Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors program if they –

  • Are 60 years of age or older
    Have annual household income of $41,250 or less
  • Live in a single-family home or a building with no more than 4 units

Repairs our Home Repair Specialists CAN perform:

Replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors

Grab bars



Medicine cabinets

Interior wooden step repair

Interior door replacement


Leaky pipes  

  • under sinks
  • exposed in basement
  • sinks
  • tubs
  • toilets 


  • repair leaks
  • replace


  • replace tank workings
  • leaks
  • re-set toilet
  • replace toilet


Repairs our Home Repair Specialists CANNOT perform:

Electrical Repairs of any kind

Exterior/structural work

  • Roofing
  • Porches
  • Steps
  • Gutters
  • Siding
  • Foundation
  • Waterproofing etc
  • Drywall/plastering
  • Flooring

General cleaning


Decorative tasks

  • hang pictures
  • hang curtains/blinds/shades

Work on cooling systems/units

Work on appliances

Window replacement

Fiberglass insulation

Replace/repair ejector pumps

Repair/replace light fixture/ceiling fans

Replace sump pumps

Repair/relight furnaces and hot water heaters

Repair/replace thermostats

Our Operations Coordinator will visit your home. At that time you will need to provide all of the following documents.

  • Picture ID
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate for any person under 18 living in the home
  • If you are a tenant, have most recent rent receipts
  • If you are the homeowner, have proof of ownership, such as registered deed or a Property tax bill
  • Proof of income for the current year for you and all the working members in your household
  • Letter from respective agency showing monthly allotment from pension, SSI or a public aid card
  • If there are two or more units owner must provide rent receipts for all the rented apartments for the last three (3) months
  • Divorce or death certificate if there is another person listed on deed