On Black Friday and Cyber Monday we shop and on Giving Tuesday we give back!
The third annual Giving Tuesday is on Tuesday, December 2, 2014 and H.O.M.E. has joined #ILGiveBig to reach some BIG goals.
Giving Tuesday is a national day of giving to kick off the annual holiday season. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations. In 2012, Giving Tuesday raised 10 million dollars for nonprofits around the country, and in 2013, 19 million dollars were raised. This year, the Donors Forum is mobilizing its members to #ILGiveBig and raise $12 million dollars in Illinois.
H.O.M.E. is signed up to do our part! This Giving Tuesday H.O.M.E.’s goal is to engage 100 people and raise $10,000!
We need your help in order to accomplish this goal!
As a H.O.M.E. supporter there are many ways to get involved with the Giving Tuesday movement!
- Give Money – Donate!
- A local foundation will be giving awards to organizations that excel in raising new and increased donations on Giving Tuesday. Help us reach our goal!
- Spread the word to your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. share with them what you love about H.O.M.E. and encourage them to give. We will be sending emails that will be easy for you to send along to others!
- On December 2, H.O.M.E. will be acknowledging donors on social media and there will be a special surprise for our supporters if we reach our $10,000 goal for the day (stay tuned to find out what that is…)
- Give Time – Volunteer!
- Invite friends to cook a meal or put on an event for our seniors living at the Nathalie Salmon House or Pat Crowley House.
- Organize a group to weatherize a senior’s home
- Take an #unselfie about your volunteer work at H.O.M.E. and share it on social media!
Be #unselfie. Join us Dec. 2nd!
Spread the word on social media – On November 1st we will be kicking off our Giving Tuesday Campaign on social media!
- Follow us on Twitter
- Tweet about Giving Tuesday and use the hashtags #unselfie, #GivingTuesday #ILgivebig #ILGiveBig4Seniors
- Retweet and Favor our tweets throughout the day on Giving Tuesday
- Like our Facebook page
- Change your profile picture and/or cover photo to get the word out about giving Tuesday
- Share H.O.M.E.’s status updates with your friends
- Take an (un)selfie with a #GivingTuesday Sign
- Post a status about why you love H.O.M.E.
- Follow us on Twitter
Together, we can make a BIG difference. Join us for #ILGiveBig! Visit our blog to read our Giving Tuesday Impact Series.