Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly (H.O.M.E.) is a nonprofit organization that helps low-income seniors maintain their independence by providing a home upkeep and repair service, a shopping bus, affordable housing and moving assistance.
The Good Life Senior Residences seeks individuals enthusiastic about living in a family-like setting with older adults to serve as live-in Resident Assistants. Resident Assistants are fairly compensated and receive room and board as a part of their salaries (including a private room, meals, utilities, WiFi, and some household supplies).
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serving meals
- Cooking two to three weekend day shifts per month
- Assisting residents with cleaning and laundry
- Picking up food and other supplies
- Planning and implementing activities
- Helping our unique intergenerational community to function in myriad ways
Qualifications and Skills
H.O.M.E. offers fantastic opportunities to engage with the nonprofit world.
Applicants must have:
- Basic cooking skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Experience working or volunteering with seniors a plus.
- Experience living in a Co-Op is a plus.
Required license or certification: Driver's License
To find out more and apply for this position, please click the button below.