Good Life Senior Residences
Good Life Senior Residences is an inclusive, affordable senior community that provides an intergenerational living experience.
Unlike traditional affordable housing, Good Life Senior Residences offers two home-cooked meals, served family-style each day, in addition to a variety of self-serve breakfast options, outings, exercise and social activities. H.O.M.E.'s community partners visit our intergenerational buildings to provide health tutorials and student nurse.
It’s a wonderful option for independent seniors who relish a family-like, inclusive living environment. It's also a perfect option for young adults seeking housing and employment with a diverse group of older adults.
Residents benefit from having privacy when they want it, but receive assistance when they need it. Meals, housekeeping and laundry are included in monthly fee. We provide an intergenerational, family-like setting, where seniors, young adults (Resident Assistants) and families with children live together. Assistance provided does not include on-site nursing care or direct medical care.
Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly (H.O.M.E.) offers Good Life Senior Residences at Pat Crowley House, 1537 West Rosemont Avenue and at Nathalie Salmon House 7320 North Sheridan Road.
Our model has been endorsed by Affordable Living for the Aging (ALA) in its report, AFFORDABLE LIVING FOR THE AGING STRATEGIES FOR SCALING SHARED HOUSING: Best Practices, Challenges & Recommendations. We were also featured in an issue of the digital magazine OZY (a partner of The New York Times, NPR, and others). See the article here.
Our Good Life Senior Residences services and amenities include:
- A private bedroom.
- While some residents provide their own furniture, H.O.M.E. can provide furniture if requested.
- Private or shared bathrooms with easy-access showers and grab bars
- Two home-cooked meals served family style daily and a variety of healthy, tasty self-service breakfast options
- On-site staff available for emergencies and needed assistance 24/7
- Assistance with housekeeping and laundry
- Social activities
- An intergenerational setting—seniors, young adults and families with children live in the same building
- Beautiful garden for relaxing
- All utilities - Heat, electric and air-conditioning – included in rent
- Fitness room
- Extra storage for minimal fee
- Close to public transportation, shopping, and dining
- Disability access
- Library of books and movies
The Nathalie Salmon House opened in May 1994 and provides comfortable intergenerational living on… Continue
Pat Crowley House is a three-story converted six-flat building located in… Continue